Tuesday, September 7, 2010

just another random thought...

I am not a fan of awkward conversation. And from my knowledge, I don't think many people are. For instance, when you go with your best friend to a bar and you hear your name from across the room....even a bit louder than the mumbling crowd. You turn to find someone you haven't seen in quite a while. It always begins with a "hey man, how's it going?" Then I say, "It's going well. How are you?" "Doing well," they reply. Blah blah blah....It goes on and on for as long as you want it to, but dies out after about a minute and twenty seconds. (Maybe even sooner)
Take that awkward conversation and turn it into something awesome. Something that could possibly be even more ungainly, but not to you at all.
Rewind all of the way back to the "How's it going, man?" Then maybe I can respond with a, "funny you ask....I was at this anime convention last week....it was my first time to go and was totally crazy. I dressed up like pokemon and took a few people bowling. This dude threw up on me, but it was a PARTY! How have you been?" Random, I know. But it works. The awkwardness is no more. Maybe for 2 reasons; 1) They are a bit weirded out by you now, so they end it quickly. 2)The story helped to break the ice and leads in to more meaningful conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment